Welcome to Tremayne's Health & Fitness Blog
My name is Tremayne Stephens and as a former NFL athlete and now personal trainer, I realize the value of a healthy and balanced lifestyle. This blog is dedicated to help enrich your life through healthy options for food, exercise and lifestyle choices.
As a trainer, the most common question that I am asked is, "How can I lose weight/fat fast?" Although the answer can be a bit complicated (depending on body type, genetics, etc.) one thing is for sure... losing weight fast should not be an option. Slow and steady wins the race. It takes patience and dedication BUT it can be done. Here are my 6 ways that can help you to lose weight/fat effectively.
1. It's a marathon, not a sprint: We didnt gain the weight overnight so dont expect to lose the weight overnight. We often see these "lose weight fast" promos and the reality is that it takes time to lose REAL weight/fat. Of course you could starve yourself or do some extreme calorie restrictive diet but in the long run that wil hurt your body and you wil probably put back on the weight you lost and more. Be patient. Greatness takes time. Learn to enjoy the process. It will pay off!
2. Get that body moving: Exercise comes in many different forms. Some like to ride bikes while others enjoy lifting weights. Some like working out alone while other like to be in a group/class. It doesn't matter how you do it... just do it! Exercise not only helps to burn calories but it ignites that fat burner in your body to take your weightloss into overdrive. So find something you enjoy and let's move!
3. Don't starve yourself: Basic logic would say the less I eat then the more likely I am to lose weight. However, when it comes to the human body... throw logic out the window. To lose weight your body must have fuel. The last thing we want is for the body to use our muscle as fuel as opposed to using our fat as fuel. Having healthier food options are vital (protein, veggies and yes, carbs) is essential for weight loss. Feed the body good things and good things will result from it!
4. Catch a few more zzzzz's: Going to bed a bit earlier can help boost fat burning and prevent weight gain. Several studies have found an association between getting enough sleep and weight loss. A lack of sleep may contribute to alterations in hunger hormones, increased appetite and a higher risk of obesity. At ast 6 to 8 hours is recommended for the body to benefit from the work you have done during the day.
5. Water + Fiber = Weightloss:We have all heard about how the body is made up of 70% water and so forth and so on. However, water along with an intake of fiber will really do your body justice. Fiber helps your body feel fuller and the water helps the fiber to move unnecessary waste out of the body. Fruits, vegetables, beans, whole grains, nuts and seeds are a few examples of high-fiber foods that can boost fat burning and weight loss.
6. Take time to smell the roses: This journey of weightloss that we embark on is actually meant to be enjoyed. We sometines get so hard on ourselves when we do everything right and dont get the immediate results that we want. Think about it like this... would you rather have a microwave meal out of a box or your grandmother's homemade dishes that have been filled with good stuff and love. The point is the grandmother meal takes time and it will stick with you long after that microwave meal is gone. So take you time. Celebrate the small victories. Every day is going to be different. Keep moving forward and let's get healthier... together!
If you're looking for a fun, energetic online workout that works... join my Tremayne's Online Fit Class. Click the link below for more details!!
My brand of men's and women's apparel and accesories!